There are presently no open calls for submissions.
We are now open for submissions!
Yours Truly is the annual creative arts magazine of Cascadia College, which showcases the original visual art, prose, poetry, and media of our students, staff, faculty, alumni, and community members. Yours Truly supports the imagination and originality of community voices and visions rarely represented in other campus spaces, promotes the creation of diverse literary and visual art, and celebrates creativity in all forms.
Be part of our award-winning publication! Yours Truly 2016 tied for second place in the Pacific-Western division of the national Community College Humanities Association (CCHA) literary magazine competition. Yours Truly 2017 won a third place spot in the national CCHA competition as well.
General Submission Guidelines for 2018-2019:
The submission period for Yours Truly is November 1 – December 31, 2018. To learn more about Yours Truly and to view past issues, please visit our website here. Please send us your very best work, making sure to edit and proofread before you submit.
You may submit up to four (4) pieces in each category. To prevent bias, Yours Truly has an anonymous selection process, so please refrain from putting your name on the file(s) you upload to Submittable. Please upload each submission as a separate file and label your file(s) by title only (i.e. Summer.docx). Once submissions are selected for publication, the contributor’s name will be revealed to the staff and additional information may be requested. When we publish, your name will be printed along with your work.
We accept previously unpublished, well-crafted, and diverse creative works to be considered for publication in our June 2019 issue:
- poetry (any form or style, including prose poetry)
- fiction (short stories, flash/micro fiction, vignettes, and short novellas or novel excerpts)
- creative nonfiction (personal essays, memoir excerpts, and short or micro nonfiction); we do not accept academic essays, journalism, or op-ed pieces
- handcrafted art (painting, drawing, collage, encaustic, sculpture, ceramics/pottery, metalwork, woodwork, block/relief printing, textiles, and mixed media, etc.)
- photography and digital art (digital or conventional/analog photography; digital paintings, drawings, or collages; and photopainting, etc.)
- media: audio (original music, spoken word, soundscapes, monologues, audio essays, etc.) or video (animation, original music / music videos, spoken word, visual essays, short films, etc.)
Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please let us know ASAP once your work has been accepted elsewhere.
Once you submit your work, you will receive a confirmation email indicating our receipt of your submission. Expect to hear about your submission status by mid-March 2019. Yours Truly will be released in print and online at our launch event in June of 2019.
For questions about our submission process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.